Turn your Apple iMac 27 inch into a HDTV with the Kanex XD. Connect and play Blu-Ray DVD, PS3, and Xbox games at HD format. Fully utilize the backlit LED display to work and play hard. Audio pass through is enabled for a full screen HD experience.
- Designed exclusively for Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop
- Toggle between iMac 27-inch OSX and HD playback by using Hot Key - command+F2
- Toggle volume and brightness controls through your wireless bluetooth keyboard.
- Full screen playback with audio pass through and no video scaling.
- Supports up to 1920x1200 max resolution
- Supports uncompressed digital LPCM 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels and compressed digital Bit-Stream (Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio) through HDMI input.
- Kanex XD
- 3ft Mini DisplayPort cable M/M
- 3ft HDMI cable M/M
- 5v power adapter
Full screen HD playback of Blu-Ray DVD, Playstation 3, Xbox Elite, Direct TV, Dish Network or other components with HDMI output set at 720p. This is due to limitation of the iMac 27" as a display which accepts only 1280x720(720p) or 2560x960 resolution base on the display EDID
. If when the iMac 27" accepts a 1920x1080(1080p) resolution the Kanex XD will be able to output at 1080p.
Playback not possible on Apple LED Cinema 24" because this display only accepts 1920x1200 resolution and PS3, Xbox 360, Blu-Ray does not have a matching resolution at 1920x1080. However depending on your PC DVI/HDMI video signal, it will work because it has more resolution to select from to match.